Why is healing grief so difficult? How do we know when we are finished grieving? Do we ever finish grieving? The bottom line is that no one lives a life without any traumas. Perhaps viewing traumas as karmic lessons and karmic opportunities can offer a different perspective. It is still hard, but the energy spent in grief will be a valuable expenditure in our spiritual process.
The other day I received a phone call from very sweet friend. She was having a tough day. She and her family suffered a significant loss and she was grieving. She needed help. We all do at some point in our lives. I had to respect the fact that she knew she was having a hard time and had the courage to reach out. We talked for a bit and discussed remedies that she could use to help her get past the moment~ she was on her way to work and it was simply not an ideal time to fall apart. The list of remedies to help with grief are found at the end of this blog.
The thing about a grief-creating event, is that we never know when it will hit us or when it will be ‘over’. Sometimes that gut wrenching emotion can hit us like a tsunami and wipe us out. We call these moments grief waves, and they can hit us at any moment, without warning, even years later.
Tina Erwin wrote The Lightworker’s Guide to Healing Grief, designed to help people who are grieving anything, including loss of job, divorce, death, illness or change in life status. It is written from two different perspectives: the person who is grieving and the person who wants to be helpful to a grieving friend or family member.
The following are a few tools that help mitigate the pain of grief. For a more complete list, check out Tina’s book.
Things that can help with grief:
- Orange and/or lavender essential oils: you can put a few drops in your hands and simply inhale.
- Bach Flower’s Rescue Remedy: It helps to take the edge off of the emotional pain, and calms the adrenal glands.
- Botanical Alchemy’s remedy Lighten Grief: helps to ease the overwhelming sadness and can reduce the crushing emotions of intense grief to a more manageable level.
- Allow yourself the time and space to cry. Tears are very cleansing and they help you to release pent up emotions.
- Talking helps us to process the information and our situation.
In addition to The Lightworker’s Guide to Healing Grief, we have several podcasts that discuss grief and healing.